Thursday, February 25, 2010

Not keeping my fingers crossed...

As the week started I was tired and in pain. Then the car had problems, the weather was horrible and the tax man called. The dentist had bad news, the bills are due and there is not enough time in the day for everything that has to be done. As I did my bible study and the example of Job was used, I felt some connection to the man who had to bear so much. Not so much in severity, but in how one thing after another came up to weigh me down.

After pouting for some time, my mind went to the fact that I should be happy. Well I thought, it could be worse. So many others had many more serious problems than mine. My mind though rebelled against that thought. I should be happy, because God is good, not because someone had it worse than I did. I should be happy because I have hope.

Each problem could be resolved with money, time or blessing. Or a combination of the three. I had been through these same things before, and every time God has brought my family through it. It may take time, work and may not be the exact outcome that I want, but I know that these things will end.

I have hope. Not the keep your fingers crossed hope, but the kind that is based on a promise of God. He knows His plans for me, and those plans include my future and my hope.

No comments: