Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Encouragement.

So it is Wednesday morning and I have done my duty. I was in Monterey on Monday all day, as a chaperon with my son's school. So when I went back to work on Tuesday, I was planning on delivering my can. At about 10:30 my husband sent me an email and asked if I had made sure going to lunch at 12:30 would be good. I then checked with my co-worker to make sure that we had no conflict, and emailed my husband that I was good to go later that morning.

I was so thankful for his reminder! I know that I would not have had a problem on Tuesday, but his gentle reminder made sure of that fact. It reminded me of what this whole thing is about, and that is encouragement. I am not much different than most people. I work, try to care for my family and try to honor God. Not necessarily in that order, and with varying degrees of success. Sometimes though I need help. I believe that it is why this whole blog thing started in the first place.

We all need a little encouragement from time to time, and sometimes that just may be a reminder to do, what you know you need to do. Maybe it is time spent with a friend sharing laughter, wisdom and maybe some tears. It could be simple, or maybe even a little difficult, but I would "encourage" you to seek out those opportunities. I am sitting here laughing because even as I write this, I know of someone I need to see. God has put her on my heart for the past couple of days. So I am going to end this, and send her a message now so I do not forget. Hopefully some of the encouragement that I have received in the past few days, I can give to her. If all else fails, I know I can always bring chocolate.

No comments: