Sunday, April 3, 2011

Distractions.....

I have been distracted lately. Or maybe it is a matter of not being focused?

I have chosen to specifically to take my can on Monday to the organization I support. The reason behind choosing a specific day, was the thought that I need to be intentional about this project. There are so many things that distract you during the week, that I felt the need to make this a priority. Well this week showed me just how true that is.

I did not get to Lemoore Christian Aid until Thursday of last week. It was a combination of car trouble, not being prepared, being forgetful and not being intentional. Everything I was afraid of squeezed into one week. So on Wednesday I talked with my husband and vented how frustrated I was with myself. I wanted to do the right thing, but had so much trouble doing it. What was the difference this week? I know some of the things were out of my control, but a little laziness and lack of communication got me into trouble. My car could have been taken care of on Saturday, but instead I put it off till Tuesday, and that cost me a day. Not checking with the ladies in my office about their schedules, cost me another.

It makes me sad that I can be so easily sidetracked from something that is important to me. It also makes me glad that God does not leave me there. So He picks me up, gives me a pop in the noggin and steers me back in the right direction. How long will I last this time? I am not sure, but I hope the distractions will become fewer and the stretches of clarity will finally become how I truly live my life.

No comments: