Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Out of the box.....

So I got rid of the cardboard box. I didn't want to get rid of the box, but I had no use for it. It was a box that if I still had small kids at home, I would give it to them to play with. It was so large that they could pretend it was a car, train, or even a house. The box was so large even I could fit in it. As I sat in the box, because you know I just had to, I thought of how as kids we could pretend that we were anything. Then we grow up and find out that sometimes it is hard to be that person we want to be. Some things are just out of reach for practical reasons. At 5'6 I never thought that playing in the NBA was going to be in my future. Then there are other things that are out of reach because of my own fears. Truthfully, I am tired of being afraid and not accomplishing the things I want to. So this Lent, and I am going to give up something. What I will be giving up is a little different. I am giving up fear. For the next 40 days I am going to give up the fears that usually hold me back in the way I truly want to live. The way I feel God would want me to live. I am not sure what is going to come my way, but I know that it is not going to be comfortable. What do I fear? More than I could tell you here in a few short sentences. I am looking forward to the next 40 days, as I feel I have a lot to accomplish. Truth be told, I am kind of scared of what kind of decisions I will have to make, but I know that God only challenges me with tasks that make me grow. So here we go....out of the box and into the real world.

No comments: