Tuesday, March 15, 2011

On track again.....

A new week.....another can. It is Tuesday and I already missed the mark I had set for myself. I had decided over the weekend that I would use Monday as my day to drop off my can. Who likes Mondays? What better way to make what is usually a bummer of a day better, than doing a good deed. Well to tell you the truth, I didn't get it done. Yesterday was busy at work, and I just lost track of the time. By the time I decided to head to lunch and go drop off the can, the agency I was going to would be closed. When I realized this, I was frustrated with myself.

Now I realize that one day late, with one can of food, will not put a halt to the good work this agency does. For that I am very thankful! I am not sure what this whole journey is about yet, but part of it for me is learning to be intentional with my actions. It is about having my personal plan to do what I can, and seeing it through. Not doing a half hearted job, or something like that.

I was so frustrated with myself and how easily distracted I was from my simple goal of delivering a can of food. Also, I did not enter any more into my blog in the past few days. Now I don't expect to write something every day, but when I do feel the nudge to share my experience, I should get on it. Shouldn't I?

Well I haven't. I had thought I wanted to share a little more about how this whole thing came about. Then some of the reactions from people who have read the blog, because they have been good. Somehow that got swallowed up in a weekend full of stuff. Some very good stuff, don't get me wrong, but also some really lazy stuff.

So back on track I try to get my little train going. I have my can in the car, along with some extra ones that someone anonymously left for me. Tonight I will sit down to write again, and hopefully stay on track.

No comments: