Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Am I willing?

"...Because of the joy awaiting Him, He endured the cross, disregarding its shame.... Hebrews 12:2...

So recently I have been living in a place of expectation. Feeling that good things are going to happen...at some point. I was feeling so good for while, that it hit me hard today when I started feeling frustrated. As I tried to shake the frustration, I received an email from a co-worker. I opened it and saw that is was a devotional, with Hebrews 12:1-4 as the scripture reference.

It was that part of the verse in Hebrews that jumped out at me. Now I am not saying that the frustration I was dealing with even comes close to the agony of the cross. What I was struck by, was that Jesus knew the joy that was coming, and decided that the joy was worth the price. So I ask myself the question; Is the joy worth the price?

Unlike Jesus I do not know what the joy or the price is going to be, but I know that there will be both involved. Am I really strong enough to say yes to the price, so that I may see the joy? I know the joy and even the price will bring glory to God, but am I patient enough? Or willing? I know that by myself the answer is no, but if I am willing to say yes to God....anything is possible.

No comments: