Saturday, April 4, 2009

Peace....

For me, the word peace usually means quiet. Right now, I have turned off the tv and everyone is in bed. Now, I love music...and I tend to like it loud, but when I am tired or sick, loud noise bothers me a lot. Usually though, it is not too big of a problem. I turn down the radio, tell the boys to be quiet, or ask my hubby to turn down the tv.

I am thankful for that.....the fact that when I am seeking peace it usually is in reference to sound...to a quiet place. I am not looking for the peace that people seek as they live through war. Nor do I cry out for peace because of the injustice being delivered to my family. I have been blessed to be born in the United States. Not a perfect country, but a place where I can worship, live and work in relative safety. As an American, I knew that was a gift that you receive when living in this country. What I really did not realize is that Americans comprise just a small percentage of the worlds population. Which means that so many more people live without peace, than those of us who do.

I praise God for the opportunity to live in freedom and peace.

No comments: