Friday, April 3, 2009

Anchored...

I heard an interesting quote today...It was on Good Morning America, an ice climber fell 72 feet and survived to tell about it. I was getting ready for work...and I was just kind of listening to the story, not really paying attention. Then clear as day I heard the climber say, "I was using the wrong material for my anchor." He used a nylon rope instead of a metal carabiner as an anchor. He made what seemed like a simple mistake, but it almost cost him his life.

I was immediately struck by how profound the statement was. If we anchor our lives to something that is not solid or is weak, we may be allowed to fall into trouble. Do we anchor ourselves to our job, family or money? Choosing God, is the only solid place to lay down our very lives. What about our anchor that "connects" us to our "rock"? Is it our church, pastor or ministry? Or is it one simple relationship....Jesus.

No comments: