Sunday, April 19, 2009

Back again....

It has been a week since I have last written, in this blog or anywhere else. At first I did not write because I was finished with my "Lenten blog", then I just kind of got distracted by other things. Some of the things were good, and then some were just stupid distractions.

I had a conversation with a friend today, and she helped remind me that I cannot be distracted from the job God gives me to do. Foremost that is to keep Him first and my family second. If I can keep those two in order, then God will be in a position to give me wisdom to prioritize the rest.

I was struck by Deuteronomy 31:6 today, it says:

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

When I keep God first, I know that whatever happens is not a surprise to my Lord, and that He will clear my path of distractions, or things that He does not want me to deal with. When I run off ahead of Him though, I tend to think of the path and my direction more than the God who I am walking with. I may get distracted or I may take a wrong turn and come upon something that I was never intended to see or hear.

I praise God that He goes before me! And I pray He helps me to stay in my place, so I do not have to be afraid....

No comments: