Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Finders keepers.....

So this morning I was reading going over the bible story for this Sunday's lesson. I was reading the story from Mark 4:35-41...of Jesus calming the storm. It is another story that I have taught at different times, but today it hit me in a new way. Jesus calms the waves and asks the disciples if they have faith. The disciples then go and start talking amongst themselves, asking each other who Jesus really is....

It really made me think of myself. When I started following Christ I only knew a shadow of Him. He continues to grow me the more I learn about Him. He speaks to me and I start, hopefully, to live how He wants me too. There are some things in the Bible that are cut and dried....and then there are things that God works out through your life. Some things that He may ask of you, and not necessarily of me, or vice versa. God has been speaking to me about this for a while, and this is what I see in this story.

These men who, although they walked daily with Jesus, they only had that shadow of understanding. We know they eventually came to full knowledge of Christ, and went on to spread His good news to a waiting world. I am thankful that their example is in God's word. I know that as long as I seek Jesus, He will be working out our relationship. That is so I may know Him in a more full way.

"You will seek me and find me whan you search for me with all your heart"....Jeremiah 29:13

1 comment:

Lynda Cuzzort said...

I love what you share Cheryl...your thoughts and feelings. I too just reviewed this story for my Tuesday afternoon Ladies Bible Study and I was struck by the "infancy" stage of the disciples faith! And like you, Praise God for including these examples in God's word to encourage me and teach me that I also am a work of faith that must stretch and grow and continue to learn...always.