Sunday, April 5, 2009

Revolution....

God uses words to talk to me. So when I hear a word over and over I make sure I listen when it is used. One of the words God has put on my heart over the last year is revolution. So it has recently come back to my attention through different mediums. So much so that I looked up the definition in the dictionary. As I kind of remembered it speaks of abrupt and complete change, usually in the political spectrum. Now I can understand God using the word in the respect that maybe I need to make a radical change, but the violent nature that is associated with the word did not sound like God.

I continued reading the definitions, and saw one that I had forgotten. Revolution also refers to "a procedure or course, as if in a circuit, back to a starting point".
So a revolution is something going around a path and coming back to the starting point. That is the very simplified version. Like the earth's revolution around the sun.

So what does that mean? Maybe He is speaking to what my life is centered around? I hate to say it...but I believe that I let myself be the center of my life way too much. I should be following the path God has for me, with Him leading the way. Instead I spin around like the earth, making a revolution.

Every time I let "me" be the center of my life, God spins me right back to where I started. Giving me another opportunity to put Him first and follow Him through each stage of my life. I hate that I continue to spin in circles, but I thank God that He brings me back to the start. That is where He is, ready to be my center again, and point me back in the correct direction.

Viva La Revolution.....

No comments: