Monday, March 23, 2009

Obedience.....

I was not very obedient today...I felt that God wanted me to accomplish some things today, but I did not get them done. It was my fault, and it was really stupid why I did not get them done, and it affected how I felt this afternoon. Depression set in as I finished the work day, I got where I felt like I could barely function.

This evening as I sat down to write, and was not sure where to start. So I opened up the study guide from the Priscilla Shirer conference and found what I needed. Again!! She had brought us to the book of Jonah in chapter 1, where we witnessed Jonah's disobedience. She reminded us though that after that disobedience Jonah came to the place of repentance and obedience. Then in chapter 3 we see the fruits of that obedience. God did not need Jonah, Ninevah could have been saved another way, but God chose to give Jonah a second chance and use this man as His instrument.

For the small tasks that God has put on my heart that I did not get done today, He will give me another chance to complete them tomorrow. For those second chances that God gives, I just give Him thanks. I am looking forward to tomorrow and another chance to be obedient....

1 comment:

Mike Mendoza said...

Keep up the good work Cheryl!!! :)