Sunday, March 8, 2009

Praise for the end of the road.....

It is 7:00 on Sunday night, and I can barely keep my eyes open. So to make sure I have enough time to write, I am starting early. Today I am thankful for the opportunity to reflect on the day. Life is so busy, that so much of the time I do not stop to recognize where God has spoken to me through the day. This blog forces me to do that.

I learned a new verse today....Isaiah 25:9.
In that day the people will proclaim,
“This is our God!
We trusted in him, and he saved us!
This is the Lord, in whom we trusted.
Let us rejoice in the salvation he brings!”
The verse was flashed on the screen as we were singing in worship this morning. It was something that immediately struck a chord in my heart. I try to look at situations that are stressful, or challenges that my family or friends are facing and imagine the end of the path. The day when the challenge has been met, the situation is over and we are praising God for His provision. This verse said exactly that to me.

All struggles end, and while they may not end in the way we imagine, we can always look back and through the circumstances see how God showed His tender mercy.

No comments: