Friday, March 27, 2009

To be a blessing.....

So today as I finished reading my book, the story of Jesus feeding the 5,000 was used to make a point. Since that story was one that I had been thinking about all week, and even had used in my blog 2 days ago I was really paying attention. I had been struck by Jesus takiing the limited food and multiplying it to meet the need.

In the book, there was another point brought up, and that was the fact that those 5 loaves and 2 fish may not have been the only food there in that crowd. The bread and fish was the only food brought out to share, but that does not mean there wasn't additional food there that someone kept to themselves. It stands to reason that with so many people, there would be more food.

I thought about the blessing that boy was able to receive by sharing his food, and how it blessed so many. Then I thought if someone else had food, why didn't they share? How did they feel? What held them back? I wondered who I was more like, the person who would give that little bit I had or the one who would keep it hidden? The question is tough, and I do not think I have really been able to give myself the answer yet. I do hope God will show me, I think it will be important for me to know.

No comments: