Sunday, March 1, 2009

The day after....

So this is the second day of writing on my blog. I have been sick this week. So as soon as I came home from church I ate, took medicine and went to sleep. When I finally awoke, the first words I heard were of course "what's for dinner"? Our house runs on it's stomach and when it is time to eat, it is time to eat. So of to the store I went, and as I was coming home, I started to think about this blog. I had been sleeping most of the day, and to make the offering complete I have to write every day. How would I continue to write every day until Easter? What would I say? Why would it matter?

The answer did not hit me until I started writing, it is a matter of trust. I trust that it is God moving me to write daily, and so I trust that He will give me words to say if He wants to. Believe me, at this point I really want Him to give me the words because I believe His words will be good. My own may be sketchy at best. Trust is something that God is talking to me about a lot lately. So much so that I am starting to deliberately build my trust in God by doing a few exercises.

I felt that while I may trust in the Lord for good in my life, I usually take it for granted when it happens. I was not acknowledging God as the one who provided that good. So now when I ask God for anything, like protection for the boys, I then try to remember to acknowledge that protection that He provided. To not take it as fate, good karma, or luck, but to see it as a gift of God.

So today in Sunday School, we asked Jesus to join our class. Now this is something that we do at the start of every class. Without inviting Jesus to join us, we wouldn't see the miracles He brings to these children. At the end of class, we were able to do things a little different. When we all gathered together towards the end of class, I asked the kids if they believed that Jesus had been with us. Many of them answered with a loud "yes". So since Jesus answered our prayer we all took a moment to say "thank you Jesus" for joining us. These kids trusted that Jesus had been with us. Today we deliberately made the connection with the kids. That Jesus is faithful, He answers prayer and that we can put our trust in Him.

No comments: