Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Love the ending....

I was surprised today by a bible verse. It is one that I have heard quoted often, but saw that the verse I knew was not complete. The verse is 1 Peter 3:15,

"but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence"

It interested me that although the verse is familiar to me, most of the time the end of the verse is not quoted. Why don't we? Is the end of the verse, not connected to the beginning? Do we not think it is important? We accept that we should have Jesus as Lord and that we should be ready to tell anyone, but we don't seem to think that our delivery of that hope matters.

I am excited to have learned the end of the verse. Without the end, I run the chance of totally screwing up the beginning. And isn't this verse what it is all about, people getting to see Jesus and the hope He brings through our actions and words.

No comments: