Thursday, March 26, 2009

Trust....

So today I did not even worry about what I was going to write today, I knew exactly what it would be as soon as it happened to me. So this morning I got some unexpected work in the bag that goes back and forth between our corporate office and the office I work in. As soon as I saw the work, I got an instant message in regards to the work. So I told them I would make sure to get it done and sent back to them today. I was then given some old work that needed to be tracked down. I was less happy about this work, because it always seems such a pain to get it done. I have to rely on other people to stop what they are doing, and make corrections on files that should be closed out.

So after a couple of hours, I was a little stressed and started to feel depressed. Soon my head and neck started hurting, and I new that I was in trouble. So at that point I stopped and tried to think of anything that I knew I needed to complete today. Crazy as it sounds, I had been forgetting to write out a check to a charity that I support. So I grabbed my purse and wrote out the check...I then felt a little better.

I still had that work to get done though, and it was then that God put a thought in my head. Just like I was reading yesterday when Jesus performed a miracle, it all started with people willing to give up control and donate their food. So I figured that if I wanted a "miracle" I would have to give up control, send out those emails and give God the opportunity to get the job done. As soon as the thought popped into my head I started laughing, I was so thankful for the realization. I was then able to get the emails out and not worry about the response.

It was very freeing....just trusting God to make something happen....It is an amazing feeling. Just wish I could do that with every problem I had.

No comments: