Monday, March 30, 2009

Pull me out....

A few weeks ago I heard a Bebo Norman song that really brought me out of a cranky mood. The song is called "Pull me out"... in the chorus it asks God to "reach down here and pull me out". I can remember listening to the song as I drove home from work, laughing and singing the words.

I could picture myself knee deep in the "miry clay" of this world. Wanting to do the good things that God has planned for me, but I am stuck. I then call out to God to "pull me out". This call is not a serious cry, it is more like the cry of a person who cannot believe they are in the same mess...again. I am a very visual person, so I could easily picture myself in that situation.

I am thankful for God's sense of humor. That He will use humor to lift my mood, but to also give me a measure of truth.

No comments: