Monday, March 2, 2009

Time

Time is a commodity that I am quickly running out of. Today was such a busy day at work, I was moving all day. When I left for the night, the inbox was still full. What is even worse is that I wasn't even sitting at my desk. I was actually covering someone else's desk, because she was out sick today. We actually had two people out sick, and we were all trying to cover work that was more important. It was ironic since I started thinking about team work early in the morning.

In the sunday school class I teach, I have many new helpers. It is exciting to have the new help, but I was wondering how they felt about the work they are doing in our class. Are they enjoying the time in our class? Do they feel equipped to help? Am I encouraging them enough? Or in the way that is meaningful to them? How do we become a team? It is something that has been a disappointment to me at times, that I feel that we are going it alone. That none of us take the time to work together. This is just crazy to me. It is my hope that God can create a team out of the many people who come to serve Him. Time is against us though, it is hard to create a team work ethic when you don't communicate on a regular basis.

I see the teamwork that I am looking for at work. We care about each other, and are willing to do whatever we need to do to make sure things get done. Those are relationships that have been created through time. Every day working side by side, unfortunately we do not serve in our ministries every day. So how do we create that connectedness when we only see each other once a week?

I am not exactly sure, I am just posing the question. I doubt it will be an immediate answer, more likely we will build these relationships one step at a time. All I do know is that I am going to be looking daily for those steps, and whatever they are, try and be ready to take them.

No comments: