Monday, March 9, 2009

So glad for answered prayer....

So Friday was a hard day for me. I just could not seem to accomplish anything at work. Most of what I worked on, had me trying to track down information from other people. It was frustrating, and not always successful. As I left work, I almost wanted to stay and see what more I could get done. I would not have any phones or people walking in to interrupt me. It was Friday though, and that was not going to happen. I was stressed, so I don't think staying would have helped anyway.

On the way home though, I just asked God to put His hand on my desk. That He would protect what was on my desk. From what? I am not sure, but it was a desperate prayer from someone who felt at the end of their rope. So this morning I awoke not incredibly excited to go to work today. I was tired from the time change, the Monday after "springing forward" is not my favorite day of the year. Then my brain was having a hard time shutting off, so I was not feeling my best. I started working this morning and soon realized that time was flying by. I was completing a good amount of work and I felt good.

When this became apparent, I just praised God for His help. It was great! It did not take long though for God to remind me of my prayer from Friday. I had prayed over this same work, and God had taken that desperate plea and had done something miraculous. I am not sure whether He changed my desk, or did something with my head and my heart. I am not sure which...and I don't really care. I am just thankful for God's faithfulness in helping us in every aspect of life.

No comments: