Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rejoice....

So today I wrote out some thank you notes for some of the ladies that serve with me in the preschool sunday school class. This is the task I should have completed yesterday. It is a small thing, but I felt God was motivating me to encourage these ladies. It really reminds me that even in the small things, obedience matters.

Yesterday I was depressed and angry at myself, today though I felt joyful. Free of the weight from self condemnation that I struggled with yesterday. I still struggled at moments this morning, but I looked to find some help. God brought me to Philipians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I say rejoice!" I knew that at lunch I could right my wrong...and that is a reason to rejoice. It is not every day that I can fix the things I screw up. And if that is not something to rejoice about...I don't know what is.

No comments: