Friday, March 6, 2009

The winding road...

I was reading a facebook page today, and had seen some comments of a young woman who is finding it hard to become pregnant. For some reason, God put her on my heart this morning. I thought of the path she was on, and the fact that at the end God is going to bring about His perfect plan. Whatever that plan may be.

As I thought of her situation, I pictured a mountain road. When I was young I lived at the base of the Santa Cruz mountains. Highway 17 went through the mountains to the beach, or highway 9 went up into the mountains for hiking. When I was young, I did not love the drives through the mountains. You know that those roads lead to some of the most beautiful places, but to get there you have to navigate the twists and turns of the road. Some of these roads are narrow, winding and somewhat dangerous, but the payoff is your destination.

In the book of Jeremiah, God tells those in exile that He has plans for them, good plans that will bring them hope and a good future. God tells us the plans are His, not ours. The time frame is His, it is not now, but in the future. Above all He lets us know that it will be good. I don't know how exactly the story will end for this young woman, but I do know that God has plans for her and in the end it will be good. I look forward to the day when God's plan materializes and we can look back and thank Him for His faithful presence during this time of waiting.

No comments: